BUREAU OF PUBLIC ENTERPRISES
SECRETARIAT: NATIONAL COUNCIL ON PRIVATISATION
ESSAY COMPETITION 2019
Bureau of Public Enterprises, the secretariat of the National Council on Privatisation as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility is organizing an essay writing competition for Federal and State Secondary Schools (Public & Private) Students in Nigeria.
THE OBJECTIVES OF THIS COMPETITION ARE:
- To reach the younger generation with the privatisation message;
- To inform the target audience of the importance and benefits of privatisation to the growing economy;
- To ensure that the privatisation policy is understood and appreciated adequately right from the primary stage of education.
Interested students are to write on:
- The Reasons for Government reforms and Privatisation of Public Enterprises.
- The essay should be typed. Also the handwritten manuscript should be submitted along with the typed copy as a proof of originality ;
- The spacing for the typed text should be double – line and
- The words for the essay should be between 1500 – 2500 words.
- At the beginning of the essay, state the following:
- Full names,
- Name of School and address,
- Class of Pupil and
- Mobile Number(s) and/ or contact’s telephone number
- One essay submission per person
- Must be original, no plagiarism and not previously published.
- The language of entry is English.
- Students are expected to express themselves creatively and with clarity.
- Once an essay is submitted, it is considered final without any provision for modification.
Prizes to be won are;
- First prize N500, 000.00 plus laptop;
- Second prize N350,000.00 plus laptop;
- Third N250, 000.00 plus laptop.
Note: The cash component of the prize will be paid to the child’s school to cover the child’s school fees.
The essay should be submitted on or before Friday August 30, 2019 in a sealed envelope and clearly marked BPE PRIVATISATION ESSAY COMPETITION addressed to the;
Bureau of Public Enterprises, 11, Osun Crescent, Maitama,
PMB 442, Abuja
Attention: Amina Tukur Othman
Head, Public Communications Unit
Kindly note that late submissions will be disqualified. The competition is open to all students from secondary schools – public and private in the country.
Children and family relations of members of the National Council on Privatisation (NCP) and staff of Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE) are excluded from this competition.