BUREAU OF PUBLIC ENTERPRISES
SECRETARIAT: NATIONAL COUNCIL ON PRIVATISATION
INVITATION FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
In furtherance of its programmes aimed at boosting electricity service provision in the country through the direct participation of the private sector the Federal Government of Nigeria, through the National Council on Privatisation (NCP) and the Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE), hereby invites “Expressions of Interest” from prospective technical advisers to provide transaction advisory services for the process of concessioning its 100% owned brand new 700MW Zungeru Hydroelectric Plant.
Zungeru Hydroelectric Plant, which is designed to generate 2,630GWh per annum has currently exceeded 87% overall completion and would be ready for use by December 2021.
The Transaction Advisory Service provider will evaluate the present status of the company in relation to the following:
- Due diligence review of the enterprise and the activities necessary to prepare it for the subsequent concession transaction;
- Review all relevant laws, regulations, policies that could impact the successful concession of the enterprise;
- Develop concession strategies that would attract world class investors’ interest;
- Develop detailed concession plans for the enterprise along the lines of the strategic concession criteria determined by the NCP;
- Conduct the marketing and bidding processes necessary for maximising private sector participation in the concession of the enterprise.
- Develop post-concession exit strategy options for the enterprise.
Prospective Advisers must apply to provide all services listed above.
The BPE requires that all firms responding to this request for expression of interest have at least ten (10) years of relevant experience. This includes previous work on similar projects in developing countries within the past ten (10) years.
FORM OF EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Interested advisors should indicate their interest by providing the following documentation and information:
- Detailed profile of the company/ group indicating:
- Full name of the company and the contact person, postal address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- Ownership structure including brief profile of significant shareholders;
- Evidence of registration with relevant authorities;
- Proof of capabilities in carrying out the concession of a large hydroelectric power plant indicating number of years of experience and list of relevant transactions handled;
- Evidence of successful completion of the concession of a large utility would be an advantage;
- Proof of Alliances/Partnerships;
- Names and Curricula Vitae of Firm/Consortium’s executives who will be assigned to the services being applied for, including verifiable individual qualification and experience in similar assignments within the last ten (10) years;
- Brief intended approach to assignment (work plan and proposed time line)
- Audited Financial Statements for the last five (5) years;
- Indication of constituent (composition) of the membership of the consortium
SUBMISSION OF EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Expressions of Interest, which should be well formatted and paginated, must be submitted in one original and Five (5) copies with one e-copy in a sealed package clearly marked “(Expression of Interest: TA for the Concession of Zungeru)” and addressed and delivered not later than 5pm (17 hours) Nigeria Time on Wednesday,31st March, 2021 to:
Alex A. Okoh
The Director General
Bureau of Public Enterprises
11 Osun Crescent, Off Ibrahim Babangida Way
For enquiries, please contact:
Mr. Yunana J. Malo
Phone: +234-(09)- 8054771463
Late submissions will be rejected.
- Failure to provide the requested information in full will render an application non-responsive and invalid.
- Submission of Expressions of Interest shall be accompanied by a Bank Draft of the Naira equivalent of a US$2, 000 non refundable fee payable to the Bureau of Public Enterprises.
Only shortlisted firms will be contacted!